Training Techniques Specialty
This was beyond INCREDIBLE! We had an unforgettable experience, learned very valuable skills, had lots and lots of fun, and saw soooo much beauty like never before! We’ll be back! Life will never be the same again
Price: USD 125
Do you want to keep training and improving even back home after your freediving courses? Are you seeking ways to improve your personal performance?
We recommend attending this course for everyone who wants to keep improving and progressing in freediving even without access to open water.
This is an intense one day course where you will learn the key points of how to train in the water and on land safely and effectively. The course provides you with a variety of training options, which increases your motivation and interest in freediving. During the course, you will practice static apnea tables, dynamic apnea tables, and apnea walking tables. All these exercises will help you to become more comfortable with longer breath-holds, will increase your tolerance to a higher level of CO2, will help you to manage the discomfort caused by lactic acid buildup and will make you more relaxed and confident freediver.
Benefits of Training Tables
A. Improved management of the urge to breath and increased relaxation
- One major advantage of training tables is that they help you become more comfortable with longer breath holds, both on dry land and in the water.
- With practice, you will become familiar with how higher CO2 levels cause the sensation known as the urge to breathe.
- As your familiarity increases, your breath-holds become less stressful.
- Static tables allow you to focus solely on the breath-hold, without exerting yourself physically.
- Increased relaxation – static relaxation tables are specifically designed to help you find deeper relaxation, without worrying about feeling the urge to breathe.
B. Increased tolerance to lactic acid
- As your muscles work to propel you through the water, they consume oxygen faster than it can be replenished.
- This effort causes lactic acid to accumulate in the muscle tissues, which creates a burning sensation in the muscles that are the most oxygen-deprived.
- You can learn to manage the discomfort caused by lactic acid buildup, just like you do with the urge to breathe.
- Walking apnea tables and dynamic tables increase your familiarity and tolerance with lactic acid buildup.
C. Using dry freediving training to continue improving as a freediver
- Dry tables can be safely performed on land, removing the need for access to a pool/confined water training site, or any specialized freediving equipment.
- Dry static tables can also be performed without a buddy, making them one of the few safe methods of breath-hold training that can be practiced anywhere without supervision, and therefore more often.
- They provide a wider variety of training options, which increases your motivation and helps you avoid physical and mental fatigue from constant maximum attempts.
By the end of this course, you will have a perfect understanding to plan and execute a safe and efficient freediving session for your own needs.
After passing the final exam you will get SSI Training Techniques certification.
Book your course or ask any questions
Training Techniques Specialty
We are working 12 months a year. You are very welcome to come anytime you want. There is a high season of the island which starts from June to October. During this time you have the chance to see Mola-Mola fish (Moon fish), which attracts divers from all over the world. During high season the water is a bit colder and prices for accommodation a bit higher.
Low season starts from December to February as for all of Bali region. It could rain during the low season. However, Nusa Penida is a dry region, and the weather is cooler than the rest of Bali. The visibility stays on the same level all the year, even in the raining season.
This specialty course we conduct upon request. You don't need to wait for any date, simply contact us and we can discuss the details and choose dates which are most convenient for you.
You should be certified as SSI Level 1 freediver or equivalent from other freediving agencies.